bringing business to business
OpenRoom Events Ltd (“We”) respect your privacy, whether you are a client, a potential client or simply an individual visiting our website, and we are committed to protecting your privacy through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes our practice in connection with information that we collect and use for our direct marketing campaigns.
We do not collect or process any special category data.
Lawful basis for Processing
We process this data under the lawful basis of “Legitimate interest”.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company conducting and managing our business. For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant to you, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override. We have undertaking a legitimate interest assessment (LIA), if you would like to view this people contact us.
What information do we collect?
- Job title
- Company Name
- Social media information
- Telephone numbers
How is the information collected?
We gather information in a number of ways – for example:
- Company Websites
- Associations website
- Media Websites
- Industry events
How we use information
We use information gathered to refine and market our events. We will only contact people who we think will have a legitimate interest in the event.
In line with GDPR guidance we respect the following rights of the individual
- The right to be informed how Personal Data is processed
- The right of access to their Personal Data
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If an individual would like more information on their data they can get in touch with email@example.com, and one of the team will get back to them. There will be no charge for any access to their own personal data.
Storage and Security
All data is stored on the OpenRoom Events FileMaker database. It is hosted by Decent Group, who act as our data processor. They are responsible for the security of our data, and have taken reasonable and proportionate steps to provide us with a secure platform.
Data cannot be accessed by anyone outside of OpenRoom Events team, and is password protected.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site. The tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' us of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for OpenRoom Events Ltd.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website. You can read more about Google's policy here
Terms and Conditions
The term 'OpenRoom Events Ltd' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit GC Westpoint, 36-37 Warple Way, London W3 0RG. Our company registration number is 5304988, Companies House. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Get in touch with us
+44 (0)20 8222 8837
© 2019 OpenRoom. All Rights Reserved. Registered Number 65304988
OpenRoom runs an international portfolio of B2B forums. We bring companies together to meet, share, build relationships and grow their businesses.